84 z31 intake manifold single wire

I'm working on an 84 turbo 300zx.

There is a single wire that connects on the driver's side of the intake manifold. When I was working on the motor the wire broke off and I need to replace it.

Problem is, I don't know what it is. Some kind of sensor or something, with a single lead? I've got a Haynes manual, but it's horrid and doesn't have any good info on this.

The wire goes straight into a sensor that is screwed into the intake manifold. There's either no connector or the connector was gone by the time I got the car. It was just plugged directly in.

I have searched the web and found a single wire that goes to the fuel temp sensor--that's not it.

TIA!

Reply to
PK

Works the injector fan timer. I wouldn't sweat it.. They run fine with that stuff removed from the car totally, most stopped working a long time ago.

Reply to
Steve T