can any one help me?

I am the owner of a Nissan 300zx non turbo, and I am having a problem with my car alarm. I didn't even know that it had an alarm until one night it went off after I had gottten out and closed the door. it happened several times, but would go off when I cranked the car. It happened a gain recently however this time the car didn't crank. what can I do in this situation?

Reply to
lbaugh

What year.. This model was made over a 12 year period.

Reply to
Steve T

Reply to
lbaugh

Reply to
lbaugh

Close the door with the window down and lock the door. Wait till the security system sets, (give it a few minutes) then reach in and open the door from the inside. The alarm should go off. You then should be able to shut it off by using the key in the door lock. If it doesn't stop, you have a problem with the alarm switch in the door lock assembly.

Reply to
Steve T

Did that year come with a Remote Key Fob? I just bought a 90 and would like to get one without paying the dealer's price. Can't find on ebay.

Reply to
Jason.hendrickson

Nope.

Because they don't exist.

It was tied into the door lock cyl and the ign switch etc. When it's working right, you don't even know it's there. I've seen LOTS of people install an alarm on these when the car already has one!

Reply to
Steve T