For Sale: 95 SW2

I am selling my 1995 SW2:

Please make offer and email me snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net.

Details:

134,000 Miles

Engine in excellent condition, always used synthetic oil. Leather, EQ Stereo, CB Radio, Glass mount CB and Scanner antennas Almost new Michelin Energy MXV4 tires New radiator last year New Brakes all around, new rotors, new rear wheel cylinders New accessory belt and tensioner.

****PLEASE READ****

Here are the problems:

SES light on with Transmission code 25 No TCC lockup

I have tested the transmission and I am almost sure this is a mechanical problem. This is why I am selling the car.

The power steering pump whines a bit.

This would be a perfect car to convert to a 5-speed manual.

Please email me with any offers I am located in Northern VA

Dave

Reply to
Dave Schultz

Dave,

Have you checked the Transmission solenoids? The reason I am asking is that this is a very simple thing to do assuming you have a 7mm socket and own or can borrow a Digital Multimeter.

To check the solenoids, remove the electrical connector from the top of the TAAT transaxle. This is located in front of the driver side and to the rear of the battery tray. You will see a single 7mm bolt that holds this in place. Remove the bolt and pull the plug. Make sure everything is clean and dry.

Take the DMM and set it to the low ohms range. Measure the resistance across the exposed pins in airs: 1&2, 3&4, 5&6, 7&8, 9&10. The numbering I have provided is starting with the passenger side rear nearest the firewall. All of the resistance measurements should be nearly identical and if the car is "cold" somewhere in the 4 to 6 ohms range. All of mine measured 4.4-4.6 ohms. If you find one that is much higher or even nearly zero it signifies a bad solenoid which needs replacement. I am guessing that there is a TCC solenoid that might have gone bad.

If this is bad, the solenoid part cost is $56 at Saturn and you will also need to replace the trans cover gasket at another $20. It is not too difficult a job, probably about 3-4 hours and only requires a 7 and 8mm socket and a torque wrench. The worst part is scraping the old gasket and being careful not to get any of it in the exposed trans body.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman