A/C compressor question

Someone told me the other day that drivers should always turn off their car or truck's A/C BEFORE shutting down its engine. He said that this would lead to longer compressor life. I had never heard of this before and was wondering if this is even true. Anyone out there know of a good reason 'why' turning off an automobile's A/C compressor just before shutting off its engine would make it last longer? I couldn't think of a good reason myself. Now I CAN understand how not running the compressor very much at all would lengthen its lifecycle. That's obvious there.

Thanks in advance for any A/C-related expert advice.

Ron M.

Reply to
Ron M.

He's wrong.

Reply to
Steve T

Thanks Steve! I figured as much--but wanted to verify it with someone such as yourself that I respect the opinions of a whole lot.

Ron M.

Reply to
Ron M.