Blinking Airbag Light

I have just purchased a 1996 300zx non-turbo but noticed the airbag light was blinking all the time I test drove the car and the headlight image illulinated every time I stepped on the brake but went out after removing brake pressure on the pedal. What's up with these mysterious lights. The car drives like a dream but has a set of aluminum header mufflers on it. Will I be okay in replacing these with standard mufflers? Can't stand the noise. crszman

Reply to
Chuck Phillips

The airbag light could be lots of things. The other is a brake lamp warning, telling you one of the multiple rear brake lamp bulbs are burned out. DO NOT make the mistake of trying to use generic bulbs in the third brake light, these are a weird dealer only bulb and there are 4 of them. Sometimes ALL the bulbs have to be replaced to get this warning light to stop comming on.

Yes. You might even be able to find a set of "pull off's". We keep them when people put those loud mufflers on, to resell to people who want factory ones.

Reply to
Steve T