Oil Suggestion

I recently posted a problem with a blinking airbag light and a light that looks like it might be from the headlight since there is an image of a light when I press on the brake but it goes out after I release it. Now what I would like to know most foreign cars recomment a 5W-30 oil. The Z I just bought has 105,000 miles and I would like a suggestion on what to use. On my Avalon, I use Castrol or Penzoil 5W-30. Are these good oils to use for this car. I have already read about use of the Nissan air filter and oil filter so a trip to my Nissan dealer will be in short order. Thaks. crszman

Reply to
Chuck Phillips

I have a 1970 240Z with over 400,000 on it in restored condition. I have rebuilt the engine a couple of times. I have always used Castrol until I went to Full Synthetic. Castrol has worked fine.

Also, I have been using after market oil and air filters since I have owned the car. The Dealer always wants too much "blood" for parts so I try and find alternative sources. I just switched my Air Filters to K&N which makes high performance and OEM Replacement Filters. Take a look at

and see if they have a match for your car. They cost more but they are not paper so once installed you don't have to replace them. Great on land fills. Plus they suck more atmosphere that will help your performance and mileage even for regular street use.

Reply to
John