Charging system on 300ZX

For the past few times I have noticed the voltmeter display less than 12 volts (more like 10 volts) at any engine speed. After a long idling, the voltmeter start to swing up to around 13.5 volts and as I play with the pedal the voltmeter usually move up and down. Today, after 10 min idling and even with engine reving, the voltmeter refuse to move up (car is still in storage so I haven't been driven since Oct last year. Just start up the engine once a month). I have had this problem last year but the problem went away. Do I have a problem with my alternator? If so, can I rebuilt or repair my alternator?

Best regards, snipped-for-privacy@booomail.com snipped-for-privacy@bankarea.com

lucilla.aultman

Year and model of Z. digital dash? etc.. Have you checked the voltage at the battery yet?

Reply to
Steve T

Your best bet is to join or go onto one of teh many Zed car club forums. There is a FAQ on one of them covering this sort of thing, just cant remember where.

Reply to
chris