Fitting EFI harness

Hello all. I am about to install the EFI system out of an Australian '79 280ZX into a Aussie '77 260Z. I have it all sorted out except the 3 pin plug near the ECU unit. I have traced one pin to the start from ignition switch. Another to batt -. So I expect the remaining pin is to the ignition ON position. Would this be correct?

BTW on this harness there is NO connector to plug into the fuel pump relay which on some models is near where this 3 pin plug is located.

Thanks for your assistance

Cheers

No Spam Please

snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAM.hotmail.com

Remove the obvious spamtrap

Reply to
Zcar_Lover

If it's a blue wire (US models are this color), it's for the ignition signal (negative side of the coil) to tell the ECU what RPM the engine is turning. The system gets battery power from a fusable link to the battery itself via a relay close to that area on the US ZX's. Inside the car it gets a key on signal, a start signal and the ignition pulse signal.

Reply to
Steve T

Thanks for taking an interest Steve. I should have been a bit more specific.. There are 3 green wires into the 3 pin plug. Only one pin is unaccounted for. The wire from the negative side of the coil is black and in it's own plug. Then there is a blue and a red wire in a 2 pin plug that I have traced to + and - side of the battery through fusible links. I have traced every wire except the wire from the ON position of the ignition switch which ends up on pin 10 on the ECU plug. There is a power relay nearby on the harness that the ON wire from the ignition goes through according to the circuit chematic I have. So I'm sure I'm right, BUT, I just would like to get confirmation from someone before I actually try connecting and powering up. I'd hate to fry the ECU etc.

It seems as though Nissan had different circuits for various countries :-(

Thanks again.

Cheers

No Spam Please

snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAM.hotmail.com

Remove the obvious spamtrap

Reply to
Zcar_Lover

Then they are different... Sorry. I know on the US models a coule of wires aren't connected to anything, like are diagnostic plugs or something?

On the power on wire, hook it up like that without the ECU pluged in and see if the relay come on?

Reply to
Steve T

Ah That's a great idea and the answer to me problem. Thanks Steve I'll definitely do that.