Power steering for '77 260Z

Does anyone know if the 280ZX power steering will bolt in to a 260Z? Or is there another option?

I have put on wide rims and tires and they grip like glue and the handling is great, but at low speeds and parking it is way too heavy for me.

Thanks in advance for your help or advice

Cheers

No Spam Please

snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAM.hotmail.com

Remove the obvious spamtrap

Reply to
Zcar_Lover

No. They aren't even close to being the same, even the ZX's with a power rack are totally different. The rack wouldn't even come close to bolting in and would need extencive modifications to the subframe to fit.

ANything is possible with enough $$$, it would cost a BUNCH to do this and add slop to the steering in the process.

Is the offset right? Sounds like it isn't and that makes them steer heavy. I've driven Z's with 16X8 rims and didn't seem very heavy steering to me.

Reply to
Steve T

Thanks for the info Steve. Was just a thought. It's only heavy at very low speed and parking. I'll just have to pump up the arm muscles and get used to it :-)

Cheers.