Hesitation/stumbling 96 non-turbo

Hi, all.

I'm still new to the 300zx world. I just got mine about 6 months ago. Its a 96 non-turbo with about 52K miles.

It had been performing well in the spring (Mar/Apr), but lately its been acting up a bit. Here's the problem....

Sometimes when I start from a complete stop, it hesitates. Kinda' like its not getting enough fuel. I've noticed that if I shift into Neutral while at complete stop, sometimes the engine will stay at

1100-1200 RPM. If I give it a little gas while in Neutral, the RPMs fall down to where they should be. Its only when the RPMs in Neutral are high that it "hesitates".

I've been reading the newsgroup and it looks like people are getting

20+ mpg, but I'm only getting about 17. Its all city driving (Chicago), but I'm wondering if this is also a symptom of hesitation problem.

Any thoughts? Thanks for the help.

Reply to
AK

Clean the throttle housings and check the fuel injection temp sensor conector for corrotion. It's the 2 wire sensor on the front water pipe, this condition can cause poor fule mileage as can weak O2 sensors. Also, has anyone tuned it up using non-factory plugs? People install -bosch platinums- instead of the real NGK platinums and this can cause all sorts of weird problems.

Reply to
Steve T