Vinatge Racing

I'm interested in racing a 240z. Anyone know of events/clubs, etc. to get hooked up? I'm in Northern California so local will be good for me whilst getting my feet wet.

Thanks!!!

Reply to
invalid unparseable

More details, you mean slalom type racing or road racing? In "stock" form or really racing car style? Those cars do well in SCCA ITS class raing but that isn't "cheap" but it is about as cheap as -real- racing gets. Slalom racing is fun but isn't anything like wheel to wheel road racing. IMHO if you want to "race" on a budget, look into karting. I raced 2 cycle enduro karts for 15 years and it's as cheap as you're going to get into real racing and -much- faster than a 240z would be! At Road Atlanta my kart class was 15 seconds a lap faster than the winner of the ITS class. :-)

Steve T

Yeah - join the SCCA (Sports Car Club of America). You can take your stock Z & run the solo racing (slalom), & learn all about the other options the club has. HTH, ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver