1993 300ZX

So my Dad is like son get yourself a K&N air filter it will make a big difference. So he finally talked me into getting one (in my case two) so for ha ha's I tried to remove the cover on the original filters and I could not get the cover between the headlights off. Does anyone know to remove the cover between the headlights? I could only see to obvious bolts on top, once removed there seem to be other bolts holding on the cover but no way to remove them. If anyone knows how review the cover please let me know.

-LJ

Reply to
Big G

Slide it backwards towards the engine. There are pegs that fit into holes on the front of this cover.

Reply to
Steve T

Why two filters?

There are 4 bolts. 2 are holding metal tabs and 2 are right at the edge of the panel. All 4 bolts are at the top. Lift up, and toward the windshield and it should come out fairly easily.

If you really want to learn about your car, spend some time reading and searching

Dustin

Reply to
Me

Thanks. I thought I was missing something. As for the number of filters I had them replaced years ago and there were two used filters in the package. So I assume there are two filters one for each bank of cylinders. Since almost everything in the engine come in pairs (valves, throttle body, cams etc.) so should the filters.

Reply to
Big G

To get any kind of horsepower gain you'll need to upgrade to the cone style filter, or "pop charger" as shown in the pictures here:

Just using a K&N filter in the stock airbox won't give you any gains. If you can take those filters back, the best thing to do is get the JWT pop charger kit. You can see in the pictures how the "T" kit connects both sides to the single cone. I'd recommend
for the best price.

Dustin

Reply to
Me