07 Nissan Frontier XE Owners

I have a new 07 Frontier XE (4x2, 4 cyl) bought in April. It has a whining sound coming from, I think, the transmission. Sounds a little like a supercharger. Took it to the dealer and they said that they started up another Frontier XE and it makes the same whining sound. The sound increases pitch with increased RPMs.

Any 07 Frontier owners that can confirm the same sound with their's? Don't know if the dealer was just blowing smoke.

Thanks Doug

Reply to
Doug