1992 Nissan Sentra XE

I would like to have an automatic transmission repair manual that covers the Jatco RL4Fo3a,v. The Sentra shifts rough from 1 to 2. My research suggests the problem may stem from a part failure in the valve body.

Reply to
Nora Erb

LouieG

your research may be correct,

The problem most likely lies in the 1-2 shift accumulator, chances are the spring is broken

Reply to
NissTech

A spring??

How hard would it be to repair something like that?

JM

Reply to
DemoDisk

This is good news and the thought of a clean shift like clean socks...well, not quite the same.

NissTech wrote:

Reply to
Nora Erb

Nora Erb wrote:

the nissan dealer and got an new sentra alternator for 250 , and got a new wiring harness and regulater and even put a jump cable from the battery to my alternator , and i cannot figure it out luckily at canadain tire i can keep taking my battery back for a free replacement if it dies ahha but thats not good i put out 500 dollars and i get the e-brake light and battery light , put new connecters and fuses as well and notihng will work those lights will stay on and my uncles an electrical engineer and did tests to my car and said everything is showing fine and the nissan dealer said the same thing.. but my battery is still draining and my alternator is worknig cause that was tested too and all the power connections were tested my mirrors were unhooked and my trunk light , dome light , engine light were all unhooked , i have to drive with the e brake partially up so my day time running lights wont kill the battery and no one on this island can figure it out , i hear alternator problem soo much but its factory and not a rebuild installed and testeed by nissan , and they called me to check it out again a week ago and said it was working fine . My uncle replaced every fuse and did individual tests to each fuse hooked up my wiring harness and took alot of time testing electrical ports ,and sending charges through each wire testing the maximum output and if each wire was giving the factory specs and they were. so before i accidentially drive it off a cliff , i was wondering if you might have seen something as bizarre as this , and it probably hard without seeing but i gave as much info as i could 93 sentra xe 4 door

Reply to
dfar