1989 240 sx need help

Got back from 10 day vacation to find battery dead. Did a jump start and then recharged and then changed the battery but the following problems are still on

  1. Door open light stays on
  2. Radio will not work (no power)
  3. Clock restarts everytime the car starts
  4. Check engine light is on
  5. Wipers do one sweep every time car starts The car seems to run fine and other than the above everything seems to be working fine too. All fuses have been checked and are fine. Got a solution for me ??? Thanks

-

Have a Great One !!!!!

Reply to
B. & M. Paes

whats a fusible link anyone ???

Reply to
BPaes

Its a fuse that is wired in-line (spliced into a wire). It is a piece of metal that is designed to melt when its rated amperage is exceeded (just like any other fuse), thus protecting the wire and circuit from excessive current.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Hi, In my 240SX manual on page EL-6, it shows that the "fusible links" are actually square plastic boxes located in the engine mounted fuse box, next to 5 relays. Very different than the blade fuses. It also says that they are color coded for amperages. I guess other cars actually have "wire" links.

excessive

Reply to
Johnboy