1991 nissan sentra - question about creaking noise in strut assembly:

i have my car down for a clutch replacement and now that everything on it is ripped out (tranny cv axles, etc.) i noticed that the passenger side strut has a creaking noise in it when i turn the wheel (noticed it when turning the wheel to remove the axle shaft) does anyone have any advice for me as to what is causing this and what the best treatment is? now that i think about it the car does creak every once in a while when turning or starting off- and this noise is the exact same noise that that strut is making. it sounds like it's coming from the top of the tower? thanks to anyone and everyone!!!

-rw

Reply to
Robbie Wilson

Could be the strut bearing at the top or the strut itself. Either way, you need to disassemble it and then it will be obvious.

Reply to
JimV