1997 Hardbody

I have just noticed a low rumble sound when accelerating,no lose in performace etc.Muffler was replaced in Feb of this year. No check engine lights on ,etc. Any ideas?

Reply to
doS

Climb underneath. Check for rusted and loose heat shields in exhaust system.

Reply to
willshak

I can't see or smell it from here. The only reason I suggested that is because I have a 97 PU and pieces of the shield are constantly rusting away. I had one that would rattle for a few seconds when I cold started the truck, but as long as the truck didn't sit long enough for the exhaust to cool down, upon restart, it didn't rattle. When I ripped off the offending shield, it never rattled again upon a cold start. If you start pulling off pieces, never park where there is a chance that something under the truck could catch fire. This is warned against even when all the shields are intact, but even more so when the shields are taken off.

Reply to
willshak