2002 Maxima SE 6 Spd RPM while shifting question

I've been driving manual shift cars since I learned to drive, but this is my 1st "performance" 6 speed :-)

I notice that when I'm shifting up, the RPM seems to "hang / pause" between shifts. All the research I've been able to do indicates this is a normal function of the modern engine "RPM matching" to ease the load on the clutch / synchros and get the best performance & emissions out of the car.

Is this normal, does anyone else notice this behaviour? Do all high performance manual transmissions do this?

Thanks in advance,

BR

Reply to
bertrand68