Bragging on the Murano.

My Murano is Nissan #13 for me, and I just took it in at 102K and said - surely this thing needs brakes.

Believe it or not - there's STILL wear left, but I told him to replace them anyhow. The rotor's are fine - do not need replaced, just turned.

Interestingly, I just had to turn the rotors on my 05 Impala at 20K because of modulation in the brake pedal (even though I'll admit, I really like the Impala)...

Next month I'll do the 90K service, tranny, radiator, new plugs, (everything else I've already done)... and it should be good for another 100K, don't you think!!!

Willy

Reply to
Willy

Aaah GM's POS brake components. Where I work, we have a fleet of 04 and

06 Malibu's. Every 04 needed the rotors replaced/turned by 20k. And by 40k, the Malibus are ready for the scrap heap - rattles, rear bearings shot, and just not a great ride at all.

With durability like that, no wonder GM is almost bankrupt. My wife's

03 Escape with 39k is nothing like that, nor is my G35 with almost 41k, the G is as tight as the day I bought it.
Reply to
Newsgroup User

These numbers are comforting. I just purchased a used 04 Murano SL FWD w\ 31k miles. I've been doing some reading on Nissan/Murano forums and despite all the praise, there seems to be lots of problems with them. I was afraid to read anymore. Let me say this though, I love it. What a ride. Rather unique. Now... if it only proves to be as reliable as my 96 Altima SE 5-sp. It's been trouble free. And I too, have 78k mi on the frt pads and they'll easily make 100k by the looks of them.

Rags

Reply to
Ragamuffín

Aaah GM's POS brake components. Where I work, we have a fleet of 04 and

06 Malibu's. Every 04 needed the rotors replaced/turned by 20k. And by 40k, the Malibus are ready for the scrap heap - rattles, rear bearings shot, and just not a great ride at all.

With durability like that, no wonder GM is almost bankrupt. My wife's

03 Escape with 39k is nothing like that, nor is my G35 with almost 41k, the G is as tight as the day I bought it.
Reply to
Newsgroup User

My only problems were front struts and a power window issue. Everything else has been flawless, as was the case with most all my Nissan's.

Willy

Reply to
Willy

The Impala is my first GM vehicle and only my second domestic vehicle since

1982... with 13 Nissan's in the midst.

I must admit - so far, at 25K, I really do like the Impala. I do a lot of highway driving, and it has proven to be a very comfortable easy driving machine. I have had zero warranty issues other than the rear rotors needing turned.

However, I suspect my brakes are going to last about 1/2 as long as my Nissan's.

Willy

Reply to
Willy

I wish you all the best of luck with it. You may need it as things get older! :)

Reply to
Newsgroup User

Willy - Have you checked out

greg

Admittedly that's what worries me - and therein the reason I did spring for the 100K warranty.

And the Murano still works flawless every day with 103K.

Willy

Reply to
Willy

No I haven't but thanks for the link.

Willy

Reply to
Willy

Smart Man! :)

Reply to
Newsgroup User

Say Willy.... Did you have the alternator replaced per the recall, or are you still on the original alternator without problems? Just wondering. I've checked, and it was never changed on the used Mo I just bought. I'm leery of taking it on a trip until I get it changed. I may need to take it cross country this summer.

Rags

Reply to
Ragamuffín

I had forgot about that... yes, I did have the alternator replaced.

Willy

Reply to
Willy

Thanks... I need to look into getting it replaced.

Rags

Reply to
Ragamuffín