2004 Quest

I can't get more than 19 mpg,wether local or highway mileage.Nissan can't help.Anybody have any ideas?

Reply to
Ken Faggio

Ken, Please don't feel insulted if this isn't the right answer. I've missed a few easy answers myself in my day...

When I have a decent mix of local road and highway I run around 19mpg but will run 24 or so for long freeway runs and 16 if I never get off city streets. To see this I reset my mpg gauge at every fill up. Although I don't know how the @#*! thing is really configured, it seems that the electronic mpg readout is cumulative since the last reset and not weighted for 'recent' miles. Is it possible you are looking at your average mpg over the last several thousand miles? So many other cars seem to have them running as 'current' mpg which pretty much tells you only whether you are going uphill or downhill.

If you are actually calculating mileage the old fashioned way off the odometer and gas pump, then I don't know what to say. FYI, over a long run (a 1300 mile trip) the electronic indicator showed 24.5 but odometer and gas station receipts worked out to 23.5.

Here are two back at you:

Does your gauge indicate empty at about 17 gallons down? If so, have you pushed to see how far beyond 'empty' it goes? I know it says I have a 20 gallon tank, but I also know that such specs are not necessarily accurate. I'd rather not run until it sputters and say "Oh, that's how much the tank really holds...".

Even with the temp control full over to cold and no heat on do you get air through the vent that is noticable warmer than what it really is outside? My local shop is lost, or at least useless, on that one.

David

Ken Faggio wrote:

Reply to
David Wade

Reply to
Ken Faggio
  1. Lighten up - remove all nonessential heavy load. E.g. I removed spare tire, jack, floor mats (replaced with 100% cotton, light), etc. My unit is
2004 and under roadside assistance for 2years/40K miles and I used only 3K, i drive little relying more on mass transit Thats why removing spare was possible

  1. Install aluminum alloy wheels/rims, lightweight. I did all 4 rims for 0, amazing. Most fools pay 00 from dealer, i bought rims with free shipping from discounttiredirect.com for TSW APEX 1565APX404114S76

15X6.5 4-114.3 40HS SPECIFICALLY FOR 2004 NISSAN SENTRA 1.8/2.5/S SEDAN

  1. Drive smart: dont accelerate when approaching intersections and then hard break like so many young idiots do. Do not attempt to ram cars in front of you.

Then you wont need horsepower. It's not horsepower we need, we need lighter cars which accelerate faster not onlky due to more fuel being burned, thats stupide.

Bicycle and subway (train) is my preferenece anyway

Reply to
Mark Levitski