Ball joint questions

I have a 1997 Nissan pickup.
Is it normal for ball joint boots to have a weep hole? Because when I put in too much grease, a bit oozes out through a small hole that I'm
fairly sure isn't a tear or crack because it's in the exact same spot on both upper boots, and the hole is in the middle of a tiny bump molded into the boot.
Also why won't grease go into one of the lower ball joints but just oozes out the end of the zerk? I tried changing zerks (new and from other joint that didn't ooze), checking the threaded hole (not clogged, was able to stick wire just as deeply into it as with other joint), and jacking up the lower suspension arm to relieve pressure. At least the rubber boot seems to have plenty of grease in it.
all of my boots seem to have this little "nipple" on the sides that ooze grease when im adding grease, Yup this is normal my lower balljoint doesnt seem to have one of those little screw in plugs to replace with a grease zert, I cant find it anyway, where is the screw-in plug located on the lower ball joint, id really like to replace it with a zert so i can grease it

It is called a Zerk IIRC, and many of these joints are sealed for the life of the vehicle and don't need re-lubrication. Most newer vehicles don't require any suspension joint lubing. Show me where I am wrong about this.
Lg
Shawn wrote:

Thanks. That's good to know

The previous owner of my Nissan installed the zerks, but none of the steering ball joints have zerks or plugs, and I cleaned off the ends of the ball joints thoroughly to make sure there weren't any plugs. I've heard of people drilling holes there to install zerks, but that seems risky to me.
what I would do if there is NOT a grease zerk but DOES have that l;ittle rubber nipple thingy on the side is get ahold of a needle attachment for your grease gun and squirt grease through that little nipple til grease comes out ....just a thought

Shawn wrote:

Thanks. I never knew there were needle attachments for grease.