2005 Frontier vs. Tacoma

I've narrowed my choice for a new truck down to the above.

Actually, I just this morning discovered a site with many complaints about the 05 Tacoma and extensive chipping paint, windshield leaks and cab rattle. The chipping paint is a major issue and, according to the owners, Toyota isn't going to do anything about it. It's happening to trucks after only 3 months on the road. It seems to be due to road spray (pebbles). They chalk it up to enviro friendly paints and process.

Is there a similar site for Nissan consumer complaints/recalls? I subscribe to Consumer Reports but they haven't reviewed the '05 Frontier yet.

TIA

Ruth CM

Reply to
RPM1

Betty Time will tell. I bought one yesterday, after narrowing my choice down between the Toyotas and Nissans. I like Toyota products, but think they are a bit overpriced/hyped. The 05's are too new to really get a feel for, but I've had great luck with Nissans in the past. I hope the quality holds.

Rob

Reply to
cascadia