CV joint teeth

Hi!

I wanted to order new outer CV joints for my Sentra, the supplier asked me for the number of teeth on the CV joint. Which teeth is he refering to, the ones on the axil end of the jiont or the ones on the drive shaft? Is the number of teeth the same?

Reply to
manmarker

find another supplier.

In my 30 plus years as a technician with 17 of them with Nissan I have NEVER had to count the number of splines on an axle.

the only pertinent information a parts house needs is

  1. what type of transmission, automatic or manual
  2. does it have ABS or not

Reply to
NissTech

Buy them elsewhere. I assume this guy was "The cheapest" which also means the most likely to sell you junk ones that you'll have to install half a dozen of them before you get one that works good enough.

Reply to
Steve T