2006 Frontier ABS too Sensitive?

I have a 2006 Frontier with ABS. This is my first Nissan product in a while and my first with ABS. Comapred to other vehicles I have owned with ABS, this truck's ABS seems way too sensitive. It kicks in on moderate stops on any sort of surface other than pavement and is very disconscerting. I am concerned that if I need to make a panic stop on a dirt road, the brakes will be compromised. Do any other Frontier owners find their ABS overly sensitive?

Regards,

Ed White

Reply to
C. E. White

On Mon, 8 May 2006 09:32:09 -0400, "C. E. White" spewed:

Well, for offroad ABS isn't as good in the first place. It will actually stop slightly worse than standard. You would think it'd be the opposite, but it's better than std. onroad, and worse off. Oddly, it's even worse on ice. Of course, you do gain the ability to steer, but a good driver can modulate it himself and still manage. I believe that's part of the reason the PU's in the 90's had rr only, with

4whl an option. I was personally really steamed when they forced 4whl after about 97 (IIRC). I had a 94 with the rr only, and I rather liked it. Didn't notice lack of braking, but of course the rr is only 25% of your stopping power anyway, so that could be why.

I think they should have an on/off switch on 4x4's. That would solve everything. Would make too much sense though. Plus, some maggot lawyer would probably sue because some idiot forgot to turn it back on and crashed, which would of course then be blamed on that and not his bad driving.

-- _____________________________________________________ For email response, or CC, please email snipped-for-privacy@t-bigfoot.com. Yeah, it's really a real address :)

Reply to
see.my.sig.4.addr