2008 Altima 2.5 break in period

Hi there,

I wanted to get some opinons on the break in period and methods for a 2008 Altima 2.5. In the past, I have always kept it under 100m/hr for the first

1500km and tried to vary the speed so that the rings don't wear unevenly. I don't want to mess up the compression nor the drivability so I wanted to hear from those folks with experience.

Thoughts??

Thanks, Andrew.

Reply to
AWN

Not to be too obnoxious, but have you considered looking at the break in directions in the owners manual? There probably isn't a 2008 on the road with enough usage yet to know if any particular break in technique had any effect on the longevity of the car.

Everybody who has ever owned a new car has a opinion about how it should be broken in and absolutely no idea if they would have been better or worse off if they had done something else. Best to stick with the manufacturer's recommendations.

Reply to
E Meyer

Agreed, read and follow the owners manual instructions

Reply to
NissTech

on 5/2/2008 1:11 PM AWN said the following:

Your fellow highway travelers must hate you for crawling along at under

100 meters per hour (>300 feet per hour), or do you just drive on the shoulder?. :-)

Old engines were manufacturer with oversized bearings and rings, which required a break-in period before the items resized and refitted themselves. New engines are manufactured with precise measurements, so no break-in period is necessary.

Reply to
willshak