240SX simple idle adjustment

Back on my old 95 200SX SE-R, my mechanic said there was a little screw you could just turn one way or another to adjust your idle speed. Is there something like that on my 240SX? I seem to be idling at about 600-700, where it vibrates too much. I'd rather have 800, which feels smoother and I assume is normal.

Reply to
Crunchy Cookie

From the FAQ page of

Disconnect the Throttle Position Sensor harness and turn the idle adj. screw on the IAA to get the car to idle at 650 rpm. Reconnect the TPS harness and your beloved should purr at 700 or so rpm. (The Factory manual gives a +/- tolerance of 50 rpm.) The IAA is at the back of the intake manifold. You can see it standing over the right (passenger side for N.A.) fender and looking at the funky device with the dime size recess for the adj. screw. It's partially hidden by the heater hoses which run from the engine block to the firewall.

H> Back on my old 95 200SX SE-R, my mechanic said there was a little screw you

Reply to
Idlafie

Thanks guys, I'm sure that would've helped, but when I got my throttle body cleaning, it raised my idle just as I expected, so problem solved. (It also took care of my really stiff gas pedal, which was why I took it in to begin with.)

What's funny is that my mechanic's diagrams (from ALLDATA I think) don't show that I have such a screw but you both say I do. Do ALL engines (or at least all Nissan engines) have an idle adjustment screw? Why would people screw with it?

(Hey Johnboy, how come you never reply to the newsgroup?)

--- Johnboy wrote:

Reply to
Crunchy Cookie