Summer Stalling / Idle Settings

Greetings,

Like some other members who have posted to the group, I have had problems with my bus stalling when I pushed in the clutch while decelerating. Following the suggestion from Speedy Jim and using the procedure from the Muir book I did the following:

Adjust the idle air valve (small screw on the BACK LEFT [front is front] of the carb) clockwise until the engine slows down, then turn counterclockwise until it reaches maximum speed and then 1/2 turn further. Next adjust the idle set screw (faces REAR, above where the cable from the gas pedal attaches) for about

900 RPM or until generator light goes out.

George seems to be running much smoother, no hesitation and no more stalling at lights. Apparently later carbs may not have an idle air adjustment and you set the main fuel jet screw instead. Hope this helps someone!

Mike Rippe

1970 Type II "George"
Reply to
ThreeMile