87 Pathfinder Coolant Temp. Sensor

As the subject line indicates, my trusty 1987 Nissan Pathfinder needs a new coolant temperature sensor, according to my mechanic. It's a VG30i engine with a 5-speed and 4WD.

The thing screws into the block right next to the thermostat, but I cannot figure out how to get at it! The Nissan manual is silent on this.

Anyone have any advice?

Reply to
Larry Kessler

you will need a special socket to get it out, most tool dealers like Snap-On and Matco sell them.

Also be sure to replace the cylinder head temp sensor sub harness as the existing one will be very brittle and corroded

Reply to
NissTech