'89 Sentra flooding with fuel, won't start.

Engine is GA16i -- 1.6L SOHC. When cranking engine, a large mist of fuel comes out above the injector cover and the "throat" is saturated with fuel. When the injector cover is removed, the engine will run for a second or two, and then die (due to no fuel). I believe the fuel pressure regulator is bad. Can anyone confirm this, or advise me on a different area to be looking at?

Reply to
Munchkin