Does Infiniti FX35 require premium gasoline

I am considering buying an FX35. But, it seems to me from Consumer Reports that it only takes premium gasoline. Does anyone know if it is true? Does the user manual recommend that?

If you own one, how do you like or dislike it? Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Bill

Yes, premium only. You can run regular, but you'll lose MPG and power (not worth it).

Reply to
JimV

I second that. I have the G35 sedan in which Infiniti "recommends premium for maximum performance". The manual states you can use regular. I did ONCE. Car ran like there was something wrong - power seemed low, idle was not smooth, etc. Put another tank of premium in there and it was back to normal.

Reply to
SneakerFreak