'89 Sentra won't start

Hi... I have a 1989 sentra that won't start. My brother and I replaced the distributor, the cap and the ignition coil last night and it still doesn't turn over. The starter works great, and we get a strong blue spark at the end of the plug wires when we test them with the spark tester. Earlier in the year we replaced the fuel filter as well. I'm not sure what else to try so that's why I'm writing here. I remember reading about the timing / positioning of the distributor being important when replacing it, but i'm not sure if i did that right either. What is a good next step to try to diagnose and fix this?? I want to try as much DIY stuff before I take it to a mechanic.

Thanks in advance... Alan

Reply to
Alan

Did it turn over before you did the changes ?? Tell us more about the beginning of the problem,, in detail. Have you checked the timing belt ? Rich

Reply to
RGH