91 sentra cooling fan problem

hi guys- i know someone can help me out with this before i simply hotwire the fans. here's all the info: the car overheated after a long idle of about 25 minutes. (it was not a traffic jam- trying to help out a stranded motorist) :) checking it out, i noticed the cooling fans would not come on under any circumstances! the manual says the fans are controlled by the computer using input from the speed sensor, the temperature sensor, and the A/C on sensor. i know previously that both fans would energize when A/C compressor kicks on. well it no longer does that at all. i checked each fan and one is shorted out- when i ran jumper wires to test the fans, one worked fine, the other blew the fuse on the jumper wire. unplugging the fan that checked out bad caused no difference, neither did jumpering that plug to bypass that fan. my question is: can the 1 bad fan cause the fans not to turn on? do they both have to be installed and functioning? where in the fusible link to test it out? i checked the relays and they all work as well. there just is no power going to the fans now under any circumstances! thanks guys for any ideas!! robbie

Reply to
Robert Wilson

robbie.h.wilson