97 Nissan Pathfinder fuel relay

My neighbors girlfriend has this 97 pathfinder which has had 2 batteries fail in 3 months. Last evening my neighbor heard a noise under the hood
after turning the engine off. We traced thenoise to a metal box mounted on the firewall which had steel lines running to it which I believe are fuel lines. This device has an electrical connector. The noise sounded like a motor whirring but I think it was probably fuel. We found the fuel relay but saw no release tab for the relay. we disconnected the battery until later today. Does the fuel relay just pull out or how do you release it?