'98 Almera 1.4GX, Strange Noise when cold

Hi all,

I've noticed some curious about my 1998 Almera GX; when it is cold (around freezing and below) when you first start the engine (it seems a little sluggish to start, but always starts first time), there is a distinct whine which appears to be come from the drive train on the right hand side of the engine.

I've recently had the oil sensor replaced, and an oil change performed at the same time as there was a slight leak, however, I've previously noticed (and disregarded) this noise before this.

Has anyone come across this before? I've been starting to wonder if it is a faulty water pump...

Any suggestions appreciated!

Regards,

Andy Neillans

Reply to