99 Max SE - line near oil filter

On a 99 Max there is a small line (or lines) that come together and are strapped to a small metal extension directly below where the oil filter meets the mounting. It's a rather inconvenient location because every time you change the filter, dirty oil runs down over the point where the lines join.

Does anybody know what these are, and if they're of any importance or concern? I ask because after 120k miles of oil changes the line is "un-taping" itself and looks pretty icky from all that oil dripped over it. Should I care?

Otherwise, what a car! I was a little disappointed when my rear calipers started dragging at 60k and needed to be replaced, but since then just a rear O2 sensor and that's it (outside of normal wear stuff). Looking forward to 200k on this beast.

Daryl

Reply to
Daryl Krzewinski

I think you are talking about the oil pressure sending unit. It is nearly impossible to keep oil off of the wires. Doesn't seem to cause problems.

JM

Reply to
jmattis