Acura beats Z??????? OK HELP NEEDED!

Multi posted for a reason (be mature about it) OK ACURA 3.5 beats a Z? I was in the car... (The dam driver!!!) VDC or what ever was on. and I mean... (not a shift issue) This guy FLEW past me... when I was at 120 Kilometres... WHAT the HECK?

Save the insults... I am insulted already... the girl in the car was like... Isn't this car a sports car? I am like yes... she says but a fully loaded sedan with a Indian family in it just few past you... was you trying to race? I said... Eat your food.

Nothing against Indians but it added insult to injury since I think they was just trying to get home and sleep... and I am all fancied up like I made the car myself...

Now. I know when to ask.

What is the best RPMs to shift on the 350? Please for each gear since 1st seems almost non existent. My friend has a Porsche and He shifts almost redline... If I do that in my car it sounds like its going to blow up. HELP... I cant be intimidated at every light now when I see a family trying to get to church...

Reply to
KINGLIFER

Who says the Acura wasn't modded? Still, pretty funny with your lady dogging on you.

Anyway, Shifting at higher revs is a good idea because of the power band. In my Mitsu it's @ 3000RPM and above. The 350Z will take it, that's what it was built for. I drove one last week....fell in love with it!

-- XMAX-1

's Profile:
this thread:

XMAX-1

Reply to
Joshua Johnson

alt.autos.datsun.nissan.zcar,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.nissan.z-car

Don't most Nissan motors have an RPM limiter?

Reply to
Mind Melt

You're retarded. Did your dad buy you this car? Those black wheels look like pure shit.

Reply to
John Cryder

ah... are you like in the matrix or something? like... old news... hello different convo... like... john is your last name Cider? as in your drunk? keep up bro... (Not as in what your wife says...)

Reply to
KINGLIFER

thanks.

View this thread:

KINGLIFER

All cars achive best 0-60 and 1/4 times by being redlined in each gear.

Peter Hill

Thank you Mr. Hill.

Reply to
KINGLIFER

Especially true with an engine like the 350Z's. With variable valve timing and max power up at 6200RPM it's gotta be performing its best up near the redline. Even max torque apparently doesn't arrive until 4800RPM so it'll probably feel quite ordinary in the lower two thirds of the rev range.

I haven't been in a 350Z let alone heard how they sound at high RPM but my engine (1997 SR20DET) is smooth all the way to the redline and that's an inline 4 (albeit with VVT). I'd have expected a V6 to be smoother still.

Reply to
Rick Hudson

Woooah well let me tell you... it sounds like its going to die... Raaaaaaaaahhhhhhh... I was like... hummm I don't know. isn't there a better pattern? I find... I rev to 4500 in first then 6000 in second... ect... it seem like its giving more force... or is it just me? I see when I go red in 1,2,3 it just seem to be getting faster but no force... like in a mustang... I know I know.. they are not the same... but the other method does give that effect.

to be honest I removed my newsgroup but I had saved this link I see the response was more mature... thank you.

Reply to
KINGLIFER

Ya I used to think my Road Runner was pretty fast too, But some times you run into these guys with their "sleepers" Who knows, he may of had Stillen go through the whole thing just so he can show up all the guys running stock. Happened to me, all I remember was seeing this guys rear bumper waaaaaaaaaay down the road.

I have a friend with a Yukon done by Stillen. Pretty much looks stock, but when you hear the blower kicking in and you can't peel your head off of the seat, you know it's not.

Randy

Reply to
Randy