Air bag recall fiasco

Trip to Nissan a waste of my time and lots of gas for the long journey,. After I waited an hour and 15 minutes they told me they had no replacement
air bags to replace my recalled ones. No return visit appointment set. Someone really screwed up. The visit was their idea, not mine. <sigh>

On 9/4/17 1:05 PM, KenK wrote:

<https://www.nissanusa.com/content/nissan-responsive/us/en/recalls-vin/takata.html
NHSTA instructed car companies to set up three climate zones in the US because the urgency depends on climate. Recall notices are sent out according to the worst zone a vehicle has been registered in.
Maybe you got a notice because of your car's history, but you live in a zone where the program isn't ready.