Anyone Interested in 1988 Nissan Stanza?

I have a nice 4 Door 1988 Nissan Stanza that was really running good. But Drive went up in the transmission. First, Second and Reverse shifts ok. The car does have 195,000 miles on it but ran very good. It has A/C, Radio, Tape Deck and good tires.

Should I just junk or donate it now that Drive isn't working or is someone interested in buying it as is.

I'm in the Bel Air, Maryland area.

Reply to
Al

Too bad NO ONE makes cars like that anymore :(

Reply to
FanJet

Reply to
down-n-out-collectibles

It sounds a little like what happened to my 1987 Stanza at 83,000 miles, it lost 3rd gear and would rev up in 2nd but not able to shift. I recall Nissan said it was the transmission governor or something like that. They replaced it, but it sheared the new one off before they got it off the lot for the test drive. It would have been about $400 back in 1994 to repair - except they couldn't figure out what was shearing the little shaft off that ran down into the transmission. Like you, I thought it was a great car up to that point.

Reply to
Orv