Nissan Micra F reg

I am selling a Nissan Micra F reg

1988 F reg Nissan Micra, 3 Doors, Manual, 49K Miles , MOT Till August 2004, Taxed till End of Year

I have posted it in uk adverts group but so far £30 quid is the best offer. I bought it for £350 from my neighbour in dec 2003. I didn't know that in only 6 months it will drop more than £300.

Car is running fine but I guess no one is interested in buying it.

Anyone can tell me where else can I get a good offer for this, may be some one is interesyed in spares or something else.

TIA, Manish.

Warrington , Cheshire Area (WA2 7QA) Ring on 07717200606

Reply to
MANISH

The message from snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (MANISH) contains these words:

It didn't drop £300 - you paid £300 over the top for it.

I just bought an L-reg turbo-diesel 7-seater estate car for £250, so I reckon you were silly to pay that much.

Reply to
Guy King

Cars of this sort and age have no set in blood value - they're just worth what someone is willing to pay. So all you need to do is find someone like yourself to buy it.

I'd put it in auction. With tax and MOT, it will sell. Or Ebay, but that's probably more hassle.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

MANISH ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You're forgetting one small detail.

When you bought it, it had eight months MOT. Now it's got one month.

Why has it got so little MOT? After all, you can get it tested and get the

12 months added to the expiry date once there's only a month left - so you could be selling it with 13 months MOT.

Unless, of course, it's going to fail expensively.

Nobody's going to want to hand over *real* money for a car with next-to-no ticket on it. Invest £40 in the sale, and if the car's any good, you're more likely to get somewhere near your original money back.

Reply to
Adrian

If you've got old MOTs or service history to verify the mileage and it's in fairly solid condition as far as rust goes, then it might be worth getting it MOTd. Only thing is an MOT test will cost best part of £40, and even a few little repairs, if needed, will cost £50 or so if you can't do the work yourself. So you'll need to get £120 for it just to break even. It all depends how much you need the money - if I were you I'd put it on ebay as it is, emphasising the good points, like the low mileage, the excellent mechanical condition, the fact that it's never given you any problems, and you'll probably get around £100 or so for it, and then just cut your losses.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

What mug's going to pay £100 for Micra with all of two weeks MOT? Then again, I suppose it *is* ebay...

Reply to
Doki

You'd better just keep it until you feel you've had your money's worth out of it.

Reply to
Mark W

That's fairly obvious, isn't it? It's because quite a bit of time has elapsed since it had quite a lot of MOT :-)

But if the OP isn't very mechanically minded and would require a garage to do even relatively small jobs the car may fail on a small number of quite simple things which could easily add up to £50 or so at least. So if it costs him £40 for the MOT and £50 for the work needed for the MOT, then he'll need £120 just to break even. I reckon it would quite possibly get around £100 on ebay as it is with a decent write-up (if there's some way to verify the mileage), which is the equivalent of getting nearly £200 for it with a full ticket, which is all it's realistically worth, so personally I'd just bung it on ebay and not chuck any more money at it.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

AstraVanMan ( snipped-for-privacy@WithThanks.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Even if it fails on a couple of minor things, it's got to be easier to sell with a fail sheet than without.

Reply to
Adrian

Ya, I wud luv to keep it with me but I am leaving UK shortly. That's why I am selling it.

Manish

Reply to
MANISH

this your car?

Sum Ting Wong

That one has 5 months MOT.

It should give the OP a realistic picture of the value of his/her car though: with no MOT, next-to worthless; with 12 months MOT, two to three hundred quid.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Riches