changing bulb without disassembling dashboard

Hi!

I need to replace the bulb in the button for the rear fog light.....

Is it possible to change this bulb without disassembling the dashboard?

I can't seem to figure out how to get button out, and I don't want to use a screwdriver because it leaves marks on the dashboard.....

Hope somebody can help me :)

TIA

/U

Reply to
T.Rout

It's probably in the board behind the button, not behind the button itself. You'll have to take part of the dash apart to get to it.

Reply to
Steve T

If it helps, my '94 Primer (G20 in U.S.) had the fog light switch and a couple of others mounted on the approx 12"x8" centre dashboard sub assembly held on by

4 crosshead screws. The screws were only visible looking up at the dashboard from a low viewpoint, i.e. you have to place your head somewhere near the bottom of the gear stick (shift lever?). With the screws out, the centre section can be wiggled loose and you'll see the switches mounted from behind by retractable plastic clips. The bulb may actually be a LED that may have a bad connection, but although the switch can be stripped down, I wouldn't recommend it as springs, contacts and ball bearings fly everywhere if you do it wrong. Probably easiest to buy another switch.

Reply to
Steve B

Model and year?

and REAR fog light???????

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

It is an Almera from 1998.

Reply to
T.Rout

Pulling out the radio from its socket it was possible for me to to push out the button and change the bulb.

Reply to
T.Rout