Changing color of 2001 Tacoma dashboard light?

Hi I have a 2001 Tacoma. I'm wondering is it possible to change the color of the light or lights in the dashboard or instrument console? It appears to be an orange light, so can I just put in another color?

Thanks, W

Reply to
Will Hatcher

The lamp itself is clear.

The lamp holderS -- several of them -- have orange filters in them to give the illumination the color it has. They chose that color because your eyes do not dialate when looking at it. This means you can look at orange light in the dark and your eyes will not respond by closing down the iris, when you look back at the darkness outside, you can see it more easily.

You could buy a new instrument cluster and/or speedo faceplate, and change the color that way.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I've seen dye used to stain bulbs. The dash lights in the Sienna or Solara are green aren't they?

Reply to
Wolfgang