First oil change

Hey guys,

I just bought a used '95 pathfinder XE, and I'd like to do my first oil change on it. I have done oil changes on a '91 before, so I'm not completely new.

1) I'm thinking of 5W-30 (I'm in California) - is this ok? 2) I was going to do my friends '96 sentra as well.. can I use the same oil type? 3) I have read on here that the sentra's are really hard in terms of the filter... any tips on this? Should I bother with a filter wrench? I never needed one with the pathfinder.. 4) I need to buy a socket set since I just moved - what size bolt will I need to match?

Thanks guys!

jai.dhar

Yes, 5W30 or 10W30 for warmer climates is fine on both cars.

CD

Reply to
codifus

Well because the car is old already it's best to just use strait 30 weight oil. Castrol is BEST. Castrol 30 wt. Available at Kragen, Autozone, etc.

East-

Reply to
eastwardbound2003