Frontier supercharger inquiry

Anyone seen any detailed explanation on how they work? I'm wondering what would happen if the belt failed. Would I still be able to drive it? Do they "run" all the time or are they engaged/disengaged?

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Woodell

I am pretty sure they run all the time. It probably would run w/o the belt but not very well. I would stay away from it if I were you. They are unreliable, eat gas and don't seem to make it any faster than the competiter's trucks. My Crew Cab 4x4 is normally aspirated and is in need of power, but I am happy to live with it as I love everything else about the truck and it gets 19 to 20 mpg.

Reply to
Rob Munach

Too late. Already have one. It runs all the time in that it is turning but I don't know what's going on inside. Great truck by the way.

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Woodell