GAS PEDAL STICKING? Procedure Correction!!!

On the 21st of May I answered a cry for help over a stuck gas pedal. But in my submission I had failed to provide the correct procedure for safely disconnecting the battery. It's the NEGATIVE TERMINAL on the battery of the Pathfinder that should be disconnected. A thank you goes to the person who picked up on this.

Reply to
PathfinderHero

Never mind you'll damage the throttle housing following his advice! :-)

Reply to
Steve T

Why are YOU so NEGATIVE. Steve T is worried that the housing cleaner will damage the seals if sprayed into the throttle shaft. Don't be misinformed by this. See discussion from the 21st May.

If throttle cleaner is so bad in your opinion, why haven't you said anything about all the damaging components in gasoline being fed through the housing. Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, nitric oxide/nitrogen dioxide, oxygen, phosgene, hydrocarbons, acetone, acrolein, hydrogen and chlorine. Nasty stuff!

Wouldn't you think that some of these could also do some damage to those poor seals?

Reply to
PathfinderHero

Because I hate seeing someone posting BAD infomation.

What you're doing is washing garbage into the seals, switches and bushings that would normally never have this junk washed into them.

Because gasoline never goes through it? There is nothing wrong with cleaning out the housing with cleaner on a rag, it's SPRAYING cleaner into it that is a bad idea. There is nor good reason to do this and it can cause problems. Ford for one has a warning lable -on the housing itself- about this because of the problems people like you have caused.

?????

Reply to
Steve T

The elements and compounds that you mention, for the most part, aren't in the gasoline that passes through the throttle body. They are created in the combustion chamber when the gasoline burns. They are then passed through the (mostly steel) exhaust system.

Reply to
nfisherman

You know that blow-by gases (fuel/air mix) in the crankcase get recirculated back to the air duct before passing thru the throttle. Exhaust gases also get routed back to 'cool' the combustion chambers reducing the amounts of nitric oxide emmision levels caused by high combustion temperatures. Some of these exhaust gases will pass thru the throttle. That is how the throttle housing interior gets so black over time. You do end up with all those chemicals in the housing.

Reply to
PathfinderHero

Oh mister 'Meat Plow'? How's your Trail Grazer doin' these days. Hey! You could name it 'The Meat Plow'! Oh by the way, is your pedal sticking yet? You can use my procedure if you like. It's the least I can do for a fellow troll.

Reply to
PathfinderHero

But not in liquid form presurized at the throttle shaft.

BS, the EGR never goes through the throttle plate.

Reply to
Steve T

That was BS! Can't fool you!

Valvoline! There's a name we can trust! Right? I used their throttle casing cleaner on this job and the directions on the can say to spray it all over the inside of the casing and throttle plate. A good American company like that would never steer us wrong would they? Surely we can trust Valvoline products. If not, then all this fighting and what have you going on now to preserve our capitalist society and all it offers is all for not.

Reply to
PathfinderHero

Doing damn fine. Just blew the doors off some fool in a 3.5L PF yesterday.

The throttle on all 4.2L 275 HP inline 6 cyl is not cabled. Not like the piece of shit Pathfinder.

No thanks.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

I'll be waving to you when I pass the gas pumps.

Man I don't know! If I had to choose between pushing a Ford or driving a Chevy... damn, I'm glad there's other choices.

Reply to
PathfinderHero

I know that, but I was responding to your note which said that "all the damaging components in gasoline..." These substances are not in the gasoline.

After the above post, I looked under the hood. Crankcase gases do go through the throttle, but not the EGR gases.

Reply to
nfisherman

Reply to
Jsmerk

THE HORSE IS DEAD NOW! LET'S MOVE ON WITH OUR LIVES!

Reply to
PathfinderHero

I'll be waving to you when I pass you by being towed to the shop.

If I had the choice between driving a riding lawn mower or a Pathfinder, I'd choose the lawn more since it has better acceleration.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow