how to replace a knock sensor in a 96 altima

I am finding it impossible to get to the knock sensor on my altima? Should I remove parts to get to it, or break down and take car to auto shop?

Reply to
Matt Owens

don't worry about it, its a non check engine light item.

Reply to
NissTech

Yea, but it will make it run the timing retarded. I'd change it if it comes back on a reset.

Reply to
JimV

Ever heard of a "repair manual"? Go buy one. Most auto shops carry one for specific make and model cars. You can also get one from a Nissan car dealer. Which is more expensive but usu. better.

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

Yes, you have to remove parts to get to it. For some Nissan vehicles dealers have what they call a knock sensor replacement kit, which includes the knock sensor and the other seals/gaskets that you need to replace when removing parts to gain access to the KS.

Good luck

AS

Matt Owens wrote:

Reply to