K/N filter too thick to fit - how?

I bought a K/N filter and was trying to install it on

97 Mercury Villager (I believe this is same as Quest), but could not fit it since the rubber rim was too thick for the air filter housing. I spent ~3 hours and finally had to put back the old one. If you had the same experience and any idea, I appreciate it.

TIA,

Reply to
Canna Service User

the first thing you need to do is get your money back for that piece of crap filter you bought.

Next, you need to buy a factory Nissan/Mercury OEM filter and install it and all your worries will be over

FYI gang .

I had a 2003 sentra come in today with 43k miles on it , the air flow meter was trashed by....

You got it, a K&N air filter

Reply to
NissTech

So what REALLY caused the failure? CHANGING the filter? OVER OILING of the K&N??

This just sounds like a coincidence and not a cause.

-Pete

Reply to
speedy

Interesting thread on the air filters. Does anyone have any comments regarding the K&N oil filters. I bought a few for my Infiniti QX4 but have not had a chance to install one.

Norm.

Reply to
NSN