misc 240sx questions

1) my car has a couple of dents here and there. How do I pull these out, or is it better to just take it to a body shop? If so, how much do they usually charge to do such a thing?

2) The headlights won't retract (it's an 89 model). The mechanics say that the relays and fuses are fine, but that the schematics they have don't match what's in the car - what's up with that? Is it some kind of aftermarket thing? Anyone know how I could go about fixing it?

3) Anyone else who has a 240sx, what kind of MPG are you getting?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Rob

Reply to
Robert Dormer

I have '92 240sx, there is a switch on the instrument pannel to open and close the headlights.

Mine gets 31 MPG on the highway.

Reply to
jimmy

You'll have to get someone to --LOOK-- at them. There is no way anyone can judge body damage without seeing the car. Could be several hundred to several thousand dollars.

They aren't using a factory manual or they are stupid.

No.

Try pressing the retract button on the dash. See the owners manual for info.

Reply to
Steve T

Um....while I appreciate everyone telling me to use the switch on the dash...that thought had actually already occured to me - the **retractors don't work** That's what I'm asking - how do I go about fixing them?

Reply to
Robert Dormer

Download the Nissan service manual for the UK (R)S13 model and hope the pop-up wiring is similar to european "200SX horsham developments" (or from "zilvia").

Pehaps someone just diconnected something (like the motors), or removed the timer (and/or dim dip) from above and behind the ECU (UK so it may be in fuse kick panel in US). Got a sleepy eye conversion wrong and it's now wide awake?

Peter Hill