My new Nissan Frontier- some questions...

OK, new to me.

It is a 98 xcab 4x4 4cyl std 30k mi (Canada 55k kms). Extended 72 month warranty expires in March, so I'm busily whining to the dealer about everything that hints of a problem.

This is my first Nissan after being a loyal Toyota then Mazda owner. Here's four questions:

  1. Sunroof gasket seal is beaten to death - replacement is CAN. Dealer says its not covered under the warranty - does anyone know if that is true? btw thanks for the note previously about the drain holes steve.

  1. I noticed a substantial and regular engine hesitation at about 3k rpm. Engine analysis says o2 sensor, which is covered under warranty (Thank goodness - 0CAN). Is there any other considerations that I should be concerned about?

  2. I do not like leather seats. Does anyone know of a place to get aftermarket cloth bucket seats, or does anyone want to trade some premium leather seats for good quality cloth buckets (interior is gold/tan).

  1. The paint is a wonderful gold. There is this incredibly ugly stock Nissan decal that goes down both sides that I want to remove. It is transluscent, but I am concerned that it may not remove unnoticably or that the paint beneath may be less faded. Any hints?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Bob S.

I would think the sunroof seal would be covered, when kids break cupholders or tear the seats, that stuff isn't covered because you caused it, but the sunroof seems to be a legimate claim. mabye imply to the svc mgr that you intend to have all your 30,000 mile svcs done there, that might entice him to do the right thing.

Reply to
Janda