Need PU graphics

I need the graphics for the driver's side on a 97 Nissan XE king cab 4x4 PU. Pic here:

Nissan doesn't carry them anymore.

Reply to
Willshak

Nissan can't get these for you? How did you arrave at that?

Telstar Electronics

The body shop where my truck is being repaired said that after trying to get them from suppliers, including Nissan parts, and through their body shop association. The truck is 10 years old (I bought it new in 1996). I believe that auto manufacturers are only required to keep spare parts for 10 years, after that, whatever stock is left is bought by aftermarket parts suppliers. I have been searching the web for the graphics and have not come up with anything yet. I have contacted NissanUSA.com and Directpartsconnection.com, the latter which advertises graphics for the 1997 Nissan truck, but no pictures of them. I am waiting for responses. The body shop says that if they cannot find the graphics, they will have a graphics artist paint graphics on the whole truck so both sides match. My truck is in excellent original condition and I want to keep it that way.

PS. Before posting the above, I got a call from the body shop. The graphics artist is coming over to the shop and they want me to respond there to pick out a graphic design. I did go and he will make a graphic tape similar in shape and design as the original. He can't make it exact to match the original graphics that will be left, so he will have to make the graphics for both sides. He had started tracing the shapes when I left the shop.

Reply to
Willshak

Sounds like you have the situation well under control...

Telstar Electronics

Well, the second best solution, anyway. Thanks

Reply to
Willshak