Reply to
:-)Liz

First thing is a high quality battery maintainer (NOT charger). This will assure that your battery is always kept at a steady voltage and that it is charged and discharged to maintain it's effencicy.

#2 would be either a block heater or lower hose coolant heater. That keeps the block and coolant warm when the temps fall below freezing.

#3 would be some form of tire flat spotting protection. Either jack stands or wood blocks.

#4 if it doesn't burn any oil, you can always go to a 0W30 synthetic (which isn't a bad idea anyway, as it really works wonders in low temperature conditions).

#5 flush and change the brake fluid. Brake fluid absorbs water, the last thing you want is water in your brake fluid when it's COLD!

Last I'd dump the idea of a tarp. Throwing a plastic or vinyl tarp over it only assures that it will either rust or rot. Invest in a high quality car cover or go full pop for some type of fixed cover.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck.K

If you're not going to use it over the winter just make sure the antifreeze is good for at least -30, use a fuel stabilizer and remove the battery and place it on a piece of wood. I wouldn't worry about the oil if you aren't going to drive it.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

There are others who will answer the mechanical questions better than I could, but don't forget to put a box of D-con in the cab and under the hood. You don't want mice to build nests in your seat cusions or chew up your wiring/vacuum hoses.

I always put mouse poison in my boat for the winter and it has saved me a lot of trouble.

Reply to
nfisherman